United Way’s free tax preparation service is now available through April 14 at Pensacola State College, Building 96, on the Pensacola campus.
Days and times: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
To receive on-the-spot service, be sure to bring:
· Proof of identification
· Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
· Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
· Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
· Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
· Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
· Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
· A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
· Bank routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit
· Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number)
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
Free tax preparation service through United Way is made possible in Escambia County with the help of many committed volunteers, the IRS and corporate partners, including Wal-Mart, Regions, Bank of America, Wachovia, Local Edge, and the Gannett Foundation.
For more details, call 595-5905 or visit www.EscambiaFinancialStability.com.